Promoting a Safer Church
The parishes of Mitford & Hebron are committed to providing the safest possible environment for the children, young people and vulnerable adults who participate in the life of our church family.
We are committed to educate our members about the importance of safeguarding awareness. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
Each parish has a Safeguarding Policy which is reviewed annually. We have adopted the House of Bishops safeguarding policy statement ‘Promoting a Safer church’.
Our commitments are:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
For more information and contact details please see Safeguarding Who’s Who
If you are concerned that a child or adult may have been harmed or is at risk of harm, do not hesitate to contact one of the Safeguarding Advisers for the Diocese of Newcastle, who will be able to give advice and support:
T: 07825 167 016
T: 07741 633 670
If you are a survivor of abuse please see this guide https://www.newcastle.anglican.org/documents/survivor-leaflet-you-will-be-listened/
More information about safeguarding within the Diocese of Newcastle can be found at: https://www.newcastle.anglican.org/safeguarding/
You can also contact Northumberland County Council for advice and support in relation to Safeguarding:
Children and Young People: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Children/Safeguarding.aspx
Vulnerable Adults: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Care/Support/Safeguarding.aspx