We are delighted that you are thinking about the possibility of being married at Mitford Parish Church.
To be married in church you do not have to be baptised or a regular attender. Couples can now marry in a parish church where one or both of them can demonstrate a “qualifying connection”
Just one of the following needs to apply:
- one of them was baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish
- one of them has ever lived in the parish for six months or more
- one of them has at any time regularly attended public worship in the parish for six months or more
- one of their parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in their child’s lifetime
- their parents or grandparents were married in the parish
Getting married is one of the most important steps you will take in your life. It is an exciting and demanding relationship which will grow and change throughout your life together.
Many couples invest a huge amount of time into their wedding that lasts only a day, but how many couples invest in their marriage which is designed to last a lifetime?
We firmly believe in marriage, and we want to provide you with the best start possible; which is why we offer the Marriage Preparation Course.
We normally run this course on a Saturday between 9.45am to 3.00pm and we look at a number of important skills which will enable you to make your marriage work.
Each course includes:
- A warm and friendly welcome.
- Food. A light lunch is provided as well as morning and afternoon refreshments.
- Practical talks that are informative and fun.
- You will be given opportunities to discuss the topics with your fiancé(e). Music is played so you can’t hear couples and they can’t hear you!
- No group work, so relax – you will not have to share anything about your relationship with anyone else.
In particular, we will cover:
- the importance of commitment
- how to recognise and appreciate your differences
- the art of communication
- how to resolve conflict
- the importance of spending time together
- nurturing your friendship
- making each other feel loved
- developing a good sexual relationship
- the importance of talking about your goals, values and dreams
This year  we are running these courses in conjunction with our friends at Morpeth and Felton Parish church on the following dates:
Saturday 9th April 2016
Please contact us for details of next years  courses
“Whether you’re just dreaming of a church wedding, or now well into the planning stage, your church wants to help and support you.” Why not give us a call or visit our new Church of England web site: www.yourchurchwedding.org for further information.
- Click here for a schedule of fees
- Click here to see dates and times of future weddings
- Download a Banns of Marriage and Wedding application form.
Please contact Revd Joanna Dobson for your initial enquiry or if you require your banns to be read.
- Tel: 01670 511810
- Email: email@example.com
If you are attending a wedding and need a location map click this link – Location Map